Want to shape the future of The Mill?
We’re looking for new Trustees.
The Mill is a welcoming, positive, accessible and inclusive space in the heart of Walthamstow – we work with the local community to make things happen – and a registered charity.
By becoming a Trustee of The Mill, you can help us to build a strong local community where people love to live, and know and care for their neighbours.
We’re looking to recruit new trustees and are particularly at present looking for people with:
- Building redevelopment and project management experience
- Expert understanding of vulnerable and isolated residents (who might have complex needs)
- HR and/or volunteer strategy/management skills
- Strategic planning skills
- A great knowledge of our local community and area
If you’d like to share your time and skills with a friendly team who meet monthly, and make a significant difference to your community, then we’d love to talk to you.
With regard to building redevelopment, as well as seeking knowledge, skills and enthusiasm around this area for our Trustee Board, we are also seeking a management group lead – perhaps you could be the person who could take both of these on (it is not uncommon for a trustee to lead a management group)? More information here.
Why become a Trustee at The Mill?
- Get to know people in the community and develop new friendships
- A feeling of belonging in your local area
- An interesting and stimulating role
- New skills and experience that you can use in your day job or put on your CV
- An opportunity to contribute to your local community and a project that makes a big difference to those who are feeling vulnerable or isolated
- Having an impact – a real sense of achieving something
What we are looking for:
- People who want to get involved and help create a strong local community
- People who can volunteer at least 10 hours a month
- Enthusiastic and dedicated people
- We want a Trustee board that reflects the diverse community in which The Mill operates