Art Works coordinates creative and cultural activities, exhibitions, workshops and events at The Mill, and engages local people in making, showing and experiencing all kinds of art.
- To contribute to The Mill’s overall aim to reduce isolation and build a strong community.
- To celebrate the creativity of all sections of the community: all ages and abilities. We especially welcome anyone who might feel marginalised or intimidated by traditional art venues.
- To present projects that concern the community.
- To empowered people to get involved and learn new skills, leading to an increase of social confidence and wellbeing.
- To present regular exhibitions with accompanying events every year.
Imagination and creativity can help people to see and experience things differently, to express themselves and inspire others.
Inspiration to get involved
The opportunity to exhibit and view art has brought many hundreds of people into the building, and inspired them to become involved – either as exhibitors, volunteers or users of the community spaces in The Mill.
Get in touch
Art Works team is run by volunteers:
For more info. visit How to exhibit at The Mill.
If you have an exhibition idea that could help us achieve our aims, or are interested in joining our team, get in touch email@example.com.
What people say about Art Works
We’re proud of all that we’ve achieved but don’t just take out word for it.
I never knew there were so many talented people here
A Mill knitter
I love exhibiting at The Mill, I feel so welcome
Keen amateur painter
A great little exhibition – interesting and inspiring!
Ink, Press, Go! visitor