Waltham Forest Council funded Forest Recycling Project to manage a number of Give or Take events in the borough.
FRP approached The Mill to hold an event at their project and invite a number of other organisations to participate.
To contact FRP about forthcoming Give Or Take days.
Tel: (020) 8539 3856
Observations about the day
- 2 members of staff and 3 volunteers from FRP attended the event; we worked with the Mill staff and volunteers.
- An estimated 200 people participated in the event.
- A huge amount of goods were taken on the day including lots of large items of furniture, including number of large lockers and filing cabinets, a chest of drawers, two children’s bikes, a pushchair, kids toys, books, kitchenware and a number of TVs and computer monitors.
- A large amount of support was expressed for the projects and its environmental/economic impact.
- Large quantities of good quality reusable items were brought to the event including a lot of electrical items, which were taken back to FRP to be PAT tested.
- 500 kg of large and small items were donated on the day.
- Items brought to the event and taken included: furniture, televisions, printers, scanners, hi-fis, assorted electrical equipment, toys, kitchen goods (plates, cups, and cutlery), bric-a-brac, books, children’s bikes and stationery.
- 900kg were taken on the day.
- Estimated tonnage saved from landfill = 1.5 tonnes of small and large household items, books, electrical goods etc.
- Most of the goods brought to the event by FRP were taken throughout the day.